WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?
Starting to prep and find some yummy recipes to start my 21 day nutrition plan on Monday. This recipe is a keeper!!
Super easy, yummy and you don't get that fattening, guilty feeling from eating chicken salad you find at the grocery store made with mayonnaise. This is made with greek yogurt. Light and delicious!
You can eat it on a bed of romaine lettuce or wrap it up in a whole grain tortilla with some extra dijon mustard for a little kick. mmmmmmmmm!!
Creamy Chicken Salad
3 cups chopped rotisserie/grilled chicken breast, boneless, skinless
1/2 cup chopped green apple
1/2 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
1/3 sliced raw almonds
2 green onions, sliced
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon
1/4 Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1. Combine chicken, apple, grapes, almonds, green onions, tarragon, and Honey Mustard Salad Dressing in a large bowl; mix well.
Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours
2. Serve 1 1/4 cups Creamy Chicken Salad over 2 cups romaine lettuce for each serving.
1. Spread whole wheat tortilla with mustard if desired.
2. Spread Creamy Chicken Salad on tortilla; top evenly with shredded lettuce.
**Honey Mustard Salad Dressing**
1/2 cup reduced fat (2%) plain greek yogurt
3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp. raw honey
3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1/4 extra virgin olive-oil
sea salt (to taste, optional)
1. Combine yogurt, mustard, honey and vinegar in a medium bowl; mix well.
2. Slowly add oil, whisking constantly until well blended; season with salt if desired.