Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Spinach and Blue Cheese Salad

Looking for a simple, DELICIOUS salad to make?
I guarantee your family and friends will LOVE it.
I get asked for this recipe ALL the time and it's one of my "signature" dishes that I make year round.
Enjoy and let me know if you make it! 


SPINACH AND BLUE CHEESE SALAD 
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min.
MAKES: 12 servings
Ingredients
1/2 cup red currant jelly
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
6 cups fresh baby spinach
2 pints fresh strawberries, quartered
1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted ( I also like walnuts or pecans)
Directions
For dressing, heat jelly in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vinegar.
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, oranges, onion and blue cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts. 
*recipe courtesy of Taste of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment