Monday, July 14, 2014

JUST DO IT!

Good Morning!! 
How is everyone doing on this beautiful, July, Monday morning?
I'm feeling a little sluggish from overindulging on some yummy food this past weekend and I'm totally guilty of skipping my last couple of workouts. So I'm going to get back on track today! I'm going to get my workout in, grocery shop and prepare my healthy foods this week, and drink plenty of water today.
You know people ask me, "How do you find the motivation to workout or eat right?"
The answer, I don't, I JUST DO IT! I don't think about it, it's just something I know I need to do and so, I do it.
I was reading my book this morning (The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John C. Maxwell, READ IT) and I came across this passage:
Motivation is not going to strike you like lightning. And motivation is not something that someone else- friend, coach, family member, spouse - can bestow or force on you. The whole idea of motivation is a trap. Forget motivation. Just DO IT! Exercise, lose weight, eat healthy or whatever. Do it without motivation and then guess what. After you start doing the thing, that's when the motivation comes and makes it easy for you to keep on doing it.
Motivation is like love and happiness. It's a by-product. When you're actively engaged in doing something, it sneaks up and zaps you when you least expect it.
As Harvard psychologist Jerome Bruner says, "You're more likely to act yourself into feeling than feel yourself into action."
So ACT! Whatever it is you know you should do, DO IT!!
Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment